We’re hiring a Sr/Staff Product Marketing Manager for our Stack Overflow for Teams products. This position plays a critical role in supporting the accelerated growth of this product. This role is for a senior product marketer who understands the B2B SaaS Technology buyer and knows how to work with the sales organization to accelerate deals.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are an experienced technical product marketing leader, who has helped scale a fast-growing B2B SaaS business focused on technology buyers.
- You are a trusted partner. Product, Sales, and other Marketing team members turn to you for your knowledge and perspective, they want to collaborate with you, and they trust that you’ll be critically thinking about everything that comes your way.
- You understand the B2B SaaS technology buyer – from C-Suite down to Developers and Technologists. You have marketed products to one or more of these B2B buyer personas.
- You have created actionable buyer personas, crafted compelling positioning and messaging, written differentiated technical content and thought leadership, and have worked with internal partners on go to market strategies for Sales teams and/or other channels.
- You have translated complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions. You have shared these concepts in a variety of media (pitch decks, website copy, white papers, videos, emails, blogs, social).
- You have conducted sales enablement sessions to help reps understand our product and how to position it effectively with prospects and customers.
- You have developed deep technical knowledge about products and capabilities, competitor products and services, and the competitive landscape in general.
- You know why attention to detail is important and you focus on the details in everything you do.
- You are comfortable working with data. You know how to get the data you need, how to analyze it, and turn it into stories to support product positioning, marketing campaigns, or sales collateral.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Demand Generation, Product and Sales teammates to craft impactful messaging and positioning tailored to our buyer personas, and update this across all external and internal channels and assets.
- Refine and continually evaluate the pricing strategy for the product.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary (include range here)
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.