OVERVIEW AND CONTEXT
Founded in early 2016, Chrysalis is an expert consulting practice focused on helping organisations and founders unlock value, manage risk and to innovate. Since its inception, Chrysalis has experienced strong growth and has recently expanded its operations with the launch of Chrysalis Clinical in July 2021.
Chrysalis comprises two business lines:
- Chrysalis Advisory provides Growth and Risk Advisory services to help high growth potential early stage companies/projects commercialise and to support more mature businesses to transform and reach their full potential.
- Chrysalis Clinical provides specialist research strategy and research governance consulting services to the health and medical research, life-sciences, biotech and medtech industry.
The purpose of this position is to support the development and delivery of research integrity and governance services to Chrysalis Clinical clients across Australia, including hospitals, medical research institutes and other organisations.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
This role reports to Director, Clinical Operations, and is key to the development and delivery of client work.
Flexible work arrangements are supported including remote based work, with a view to transitioning to a hybrid model working from home and a new Melbourne CBD / Eastern Suburbs office later in 2022.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Responsible for the research, development and creation of research integrity deliverables for clients, in conjunction with the Chrysalis Clinical Partner and team. Examples of these tasks and projects may include:
- Review and development of the appropriate Research Integrity policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the NHMRC Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research;
- Assist with the investigation of research related complaints and matters concerning misconduct.
Responsible for the research, development and creation of research governance deliverables to clients, in conjunction with the Chrysalis Clinical Partner and team. Examples of these tasks and projects may include:
- Work with the Chrysalis Clinical team to review key aspects of a client’s approach to research governance, including their governance framework, organisation structure and capabilities, including analysis of gaps and areas of risk.
- Write and/or revise policies, procedures and work instruction documents, and conduct regular reviews of these in accordance with an agreed schedule.
- Identification of the requirement for new SOPs, and development of new SOPs, if required.
- Work with the Partner to provide ongoing guidance and advice to clients with respect to governance matters.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for this role has expertise and experience in clinical research gained in a research governance office. Candidates with experience in consulting/professional services in health will be highly regarded.
Specific skills and experience are as follows:
- Practical knowledge in regards to the development and conduct of clinical research.
- Extensive knowledge of Research Ethics and Governance, procedures, requirements and legislation.
- Solid understanding of the principles of ethics and governance and how these apply to health research.
- Experience consulting with clients either in professional services or a health, research governance environment.
- Appropriate style of verbal and written communication and level of familiarity with health / medical research terminology.
- Understanding of how the research environment operates in Australia and the roles of key stakeholders including regulatory bodies, government and institutions.
- Positive and optimistic, you are up for a challenge and willing and able to learn new things.
- Values driven, and your working style and approach to work reflects this.
- Friendly, approachable manner and demonstrates care and respect for team members.
- Comfortable working flexibly and supporting a team and clients in different States and timezones.
- Understands the importance of fast, responsive service and is comfortable with senior clients in business, medicine and medical research.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and also working autonomously with initiative.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace we invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We aim to ensure our team is safe and healthy working from the office or at home.