Founding Chrysalis in 2016, Nick is an experienced management consultant and executive with almost 20 years’ experience working with large enterprises, government, private high growth ventures, not for profits and SMEs.
With a diverse commercial, consulting and entrepreneurial background, Nick has a speciality in helping leaders and executives to think strategically, create value and navigate the difficult decisions and choices that inevitably arise during periods of growth and change.
His expertise includes strategic growth and transformation, operational excellence, organisational development & strategic HR, workplace investigations, facilitation & mediation, IP commercialisation, corporate finance and M&A.
Nick has extensive experience in helping boards and executive teams to manage complex and high risk matters and to originate and complete value adding deals, including having raised over $50 million in corporate, venture, grant and philanthropic funding.
Nick has significant experience in the following industries / sectors:
- health, life-sciences and medical devices
- higher education
- research & development
- professional services
- technology & high growth ventures
- not for profits / social enterprises
As an experienced workplace investigator, Allison is passionate about working with her clients to get to the bottom of the most challenging workplace matters. Allison has held senior HR/ER roles in blue chip companies in both Australia and offshore, including Westpac, Credit Suisse and Rio Tinto. Allison holds a Masters of Labour Law from Sydney University, and is an accredited mediator.
Prof Nik Zepps
Nik brings over 15 years experience in oncology research including pathology based biomarker studies and clinical trial development. As a founding board member of the Australian Clinical Trials Alliance and former member of both the Research Committee and Australian Health Ethics Committee of the NHMRC, Nik has extensive experience in clinical research policy and implementation
Prof Robert Gorkin
Rob is an engineer and entrepreneur passionate about transforming innovative concepts to commercial reality with a strong focus on social good. His experience includes work on five continents with world-class institutes and companies, varying from international corporations to entrepreneurial startups and not-for-profits. His work has navigated the academic-industry interface through research, project management and advocacy for advanced manufacturing and biotechnology.
A/Prof Tam Nguyen
Tam has over 20 years of working in the healthcare, health and medical research and research management sector including tertiary teaching hospitals, medical research institutes and universities across Australia. Tam serves as non-executive director on various NFP, healthcare and aged care boards providing his broad range expertise including strategy, governance, and stakeholder engagement. He also advises numerous medtech and health tech start-ups on their overall strategies, clinical trials strategies, project management and execution.
our values & behaviours
Creating long term Trust-based relationships with our clients, Chrysalis enhances transformational growth.
- We believe in ourselves and others.
- We take courageous action to deliver our vision.
- We inspire with our desire for excellence.
- We care intensely about Chrysalis’s success.
Call it as
you see it
- We value truth and transparency.
- We are candid and direct.
- We are quick to admit mistakes.
- We identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms.
Seek out other
- We listen well and seek to understand.
- We value diversity of thought.
- We look for the adjacent possible.
- We challenge assumptions and suggest better approaches.
- We learn fast and eagerly so we are always improving.
- We see setbacks/challenges as an opportunity to learn.
- We embrace and initiate change.
- We keep trying new things until we succeed.
- We delight our clients and colleagues.
- We accomplish an amazing amount of important work.
- We consistently demonstrate a bias to action.
- We are tenacious and don’t give up.
Always do the
- We always act with integrity.
- We look for opportunities to build sustainable systems.
- We make time to help colleagues.
- We share openly and proactively.